Monday, September 14, 2009

"Rock journalism is people who can’t write interviewing people who can’t talk for people who can’t read” (Frank Zappa) – Comment

Haha I actually think that that is funny on a very superficial level! It is cave man like! I like the analogy given, but I don’t really understand the non literal meaning on Rock journalism. I don't even know what rock journalism is or if it even exists! I tried to google it and all I got was something about music and some guy or band that is known as Rock Journalists.

I think the description given by Zappa is funny, yet so unoriginal! I mean he basically literally thought of a rock, combined some cavemen and then stole some ideas from "The gods must be crazy" movie! (I actually still have that movie and watched it a few weeks ago!)

I don't even know what Rock journalism is and I still cannot find it anywhere on the internet. Does anyone know what it is? If you do please let me know, I would really appreciate it! I seriously don’t think it is from my generation, and if it is, I guess I need to become more culturally aware of things because like I said, I have never heard of Rock journalism before, or this Zappa guy either!

No comments:

Post a Comment