Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Andy Warhol said, “In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes” – You can’t choose the 15 minutes but why would you be world fam

Why would I be world famous? Well I think I would have my 15 minutes of fame for something meaningful, unlike starting a new trend like carrying a dog in my had bag, going to jail for a few weeks or even creating a sex video and distributing it over the internet. I think my 15 minutes of fame would stem from something worth 15 minutes!

As mentioned in the heading, one cannot choose their 15 minutes of fame, but if I could, my 15 minutes of fame would be succeeding in freeing Gilad Shalit. Gilad Shalit is an Israeli solider who was kidnapped, over three years ago, and is currently being held by Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

Freeing Gilad would bring eternal happiness to his family as well as the state of Israel. I think that if people could choose their 15 minutes of fame they would choose something meaningful. We don’t need another super model, radio dj or even an actress, what we need is more Nobel Peace Prize winners, cures for deadly diseases and to stop genocides all over the world.

So as Andy Warhol says “In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes”, make sure yours counts and try and be an individual that can impact other people’s lives positively.

1 comment:

  1. Fame has become a superficial business; it is good to read a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete