Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Gap Year

I know that I have told most of you that I am immigrating on December 28, 2009, however I have had much time to think about it and I have changed my mind. I have decided to take a “gap year” and focus on moving to Israel and working, traveling and just finding out who I am and what I want in life.

I am planning on packing one suitcase and just going where the road takes me. I want to know what it is like to support myself. I am 23 and have never supported myself, cooked for myself, cleaned for myself or even lived by myself. I think I have been sheltered my whole life and it is time I grow up and take on responsibilities.

So I am looking forward to what the future holds and hoping that through my travels I will be able to find some direction in life and find out what I want to do, where I want to live and who I want to be. Without these fundamentals I will never really know who I am and so I am hoping that next year will give me guidance and allow me to discover who I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment