Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our greatest strengths are our greatest weaknesses

The first thing I thought of when I read this was Spiderman. Ben Parker, Peter Parker, aka Spiderman’s uncle says to him “with great power comes great responsibility” Spiderman’s greatest strength if not maintained and used in a positive way could turn out to be his greatest weakness.

So often it is seen that when people have a certain amount of power they don’t always use it in the most positive way.

My greatest strength is that I am very honest, yet it is also my greatest weakness. Now you might be thinking how on earth can someone be too honest, but the truth is it has got me into trouble plenty of times, I have no poker face so if someone asks me what my thoughts and opinions are on something I tell them the truth.

Another of my greatest strengths and weaknesses is my ability to continuously speak my mind. I am often told I call a spade a shovel and that I have no tact. Even though I know being honest is the best way, I need to know when to bite my tongue and when not to because what I say can often be hurtful and mean without me even realising.

2 comments:

  1. " I have no poker face". Good one! I mean, nice one. This is true. Your strangths and weaknesses make you who you are, although maybe they aren't that, maybe you are just the way you are and what others say determine if it's good or bad. I love your honesty and "lack of tact".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a matter of how we use our strengths, if you use your honesty in the right manner it will be received as you intended. Our strengths and weaknesses is a reflection of who we are as people and even Spderman's greatest strength could be his weakness.

    ReplyDelete